* Go to the market early to get the best and freshest selection of produce. Much of the produce has been picked within 24 hours and stored for optimal freshness, but it’s rarely refrigerated at the market.
* Bring change and bills of smaller denominations to make shopping faster and easier (farmers are rarely set up to accept credit cards in our markets)
* Take advantage of samples that are offered. You may learn something new and appreciate the taste differences of similar products.
* Ask the farmer questions when you don’t know what an item is or how to cook it. You may discover some new favorites.
* Put an ice chest in your car to keep your perishables fresh, especially during hot weather.
* Be eco-conscious and bring your own bags and larger carriers such as cloth market bags or baskets. Don’t worry if you’re not prepared. Vendors will provide you with produce bags. Many of our markets sell affordable reusable bags.
* Stroll around the market to enjoy the fragrance and beautiful selection before you select your purchases.
Mendocino County Farm Bureau
Mendocino County Temporary Food Booth Guidelines
Cottage Food Operations Guidelines
Mendocino County Department of Agriculture
Mendocino College Department of Agriculture
Noyo Food Forest
Mendocino Coast Chamber of Commerce
Ukiah Chamber of Commerce
Willits Chamber of Commerce
Visit Mendocino Visitor's Information
Mendocino County Fair
North Coast Opportunities
Community Alliance with Family Farmers
USDA Organic Certification
Demeter Biodynamic Certification